3.18.2009

Here I Go

Well, this will be the last time I will be posting personally for a while. I feel like I should write something profound and inspiring, almost like I owe it to all of the people who I've pressured into reading this page to bring them up in some deep way that no one can quite explain.

The problem right now is that I don't actually have a lot to say. Maybe I'm just a little bit overwhelmed. As people, we have long-term ideas about the courses of our lives. Things we'll do "when we're older." There's a strange feeling particular to passing through one of these portals. We are almost unsure as to whether we have chosen our route or if it has sprung on us. In my case, I think both are probably true.

Sometimes, it can be hard to proceed. The numbness of being unable to control oneself can petrify some people. That fear calls to my mind the account we are given of the war in Heaven in the Book of Moses.

1 And I, the Lord God, spake unto Moses, saying: That Satan, whom thou hast commanded in the name of mine Only Begotten, is the same which was from the beginning, and he came before me, saying—Behold, here am I, send me, I will be thy son, and I will redeem all mankind, that one soul shall not be lost, and surely I will do it; wherefore give me thine honor.

Sometimes, as members of the church, I think we fail to realize our own, incredible histories. Every person who lives on the Earth today once stood up in Heaven and made a choice. We could trust our Father, and go down to be tested, or we could have surrendered to the lies. We could have given into the fear of our own failings and chosen the easy way. A third of our brethren decided that they could not proceed through the veil. They did not have the faith to progress.

When I reach a hard portal in my life, I take comfort in the fact that I have already taken the deepest plunge of all. I have already surrendered my will to the Father's, and entered into the unknown. It reminds me of something a very wise woman once told me. She said "You can do Hard things."

The next time you're feeling scared to go on, try to remember the person that you were before you came here. Remember the fact that you have already made hard choices, and you can do so again.

Or something like that.

I love most of you. You know who you are. See you in a bit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment