2.23.2011

Well, Here I am

It feels weirder writing home every week. I’ve given up on trying not to admit that I'm trunky. We’re still working very hard, but it doesn’t bother me to talk about my plans for after the mission anymore.

Last week was really interesting. We’re working really hard to find new investigators, putting in practice a new assignment to have the members write down all of their friends and then pray to know who to send us to. With the increase in the size of the area, there are a lot of families to visit. A woman who is confined to a wheel chair gave us a dozen references. It was intense.

Eulogia couldn’t get baptized on the day that we’d planned. It turns out she’s not technically married to her husband. That was actually a huge oversight on our part, seeing as such couples are so common here in Argentina. She’s still working towards baptism. This week we’re all going to fast together to see if we can get her boyfriend to marry her. If you could put her name on the roll in the temple, that’d be great.

Other than that there isn’t a whole lot of news to share.

This week, we have to go to Posadas for zone conference. I’m not super excited, seeing as the missionaries in their last transfer have to pass in front to bear their testimonies. I’m not shy about my testimony, but I hate the spotlight that says “Hey look, he’s about to go home.”

At least I still have a month’s worth of miracles left to see.

Oh, and this morning the office asked for your phone number. This makes me think that you should get something about my flight plans this week.

Love,
Elder Rasband

0 comments:

Post a Comment