2.07.2011

Okay, I have to admit first off that I feel really weird because I just started my last transfer. On Wednesday I’ll know if I’m going to spend it here or if I go to another area, but I find it unlikely that I’d get moved. I’m now oficially one of the oldest missionaries in the mission.

Today we’re going to have a lot of fun. We’re going to play soccer as a zone and then throw knives at the Teddy Bear that Elder Francis’ girlfriend sent him a while ago. It should be great. And you thought that missionaries lost our violent male tendancies.

This week was really rewarding. The fast with the Morel family was incredibly successful. After a couple hours Brother Morel got a phone call saying that his son was in jail in a nearby town. I think that it really opened his eyes about the power of the gospel. He’s set for the baptism on Saturday. Please keep praying for us.

Elogia is also progressing really fast. She started inviting all of her friends and family to church. She wants to start showing church movies in her house to try and attract people to come with her on Sundays. She’s a really funny old lady, but it’s amazing how fast she’s changing. On sunday in Relief society she asked about how we pay tithing. That’s so strange, but it shows that she wants to start living everything.

Church went really well on Sunday. We had a record attendance of almost 80 people in sacrament meeting. 5 of them were investigators. It was especially rewarding because a family that we were about to have to drop came for the first time in a month, and I think that that’s a really good sign for them.

The other great thing was that Paolo, our 21-year-old convert, blessed the sacrament. It was a huge step for him because he’s really shy. We’ve started talking to him about the possibility of serving a mission. It’d be so good for him.

Plus, Claudia, another convert, came home from vacations and showed us that she’d visited the LDS churches in the cities she was visiting. She’s changed a lot too since her baptism in December. I’m incredibly proud of her.

I’m doing really good, even though it hurts to say “next month” when the people ask me when I finish my mission. I’m thinking that if I get sent to a new area I’m going to lie to my companion just so that he doesn’t bug me and tell him that I have 2 transfers left.

I’m getting sadder and sadder about leaving the mission, but I’m also getting happier and happier about seeing you guys.

Love you all,
Elder Rasband

0 comments:

Post a Comment