1.03.2011

Happy New Year's!

When I was thinking about what to set as my resolutions, I kept going back to the Conference talk by D. Todd Christofferson about a consecrated life and what he said about time. My biggest Resolution is to plan every day this year, even after I finish with my mission. That way, I make full use of the resources that God has given me.

My other goal is to apply what I’ve learned on the mission to my living/studying habits. I’m too old to stay up late at night, and to dedicate hours a day to leisure activities. I want to get up early and go to bed late, and get perfect, or nearly perfect grades. That’s all though

This Sunday, I had a very weird experience. I blessed a baby in Sacrament meeting. He is the son of an investigator named Alejandra. She’s really excited about the gospel, and her husband came to church, which was really cool because he got to see the blessing. I couldn’t think of a better way to start off. We still haven’t had a lesson with him, but hopefully that experience will have prepared him to receive the gospel.

This week we had transfers, and Elder Hyde went to Resistencia. Elder Francis, from Arizona came to our branch. He comes straight from the mission office, which means that he’s really excited to be working with us. He’s a good friend of mine, so I was really excited when he got here.

Other than that there’s not a whole lot of news. This week we have the Baptism of a Kid named Paolo. This is take two, because the first time he left us with the font full and everything. I feel a lot better about this time though. He’s really cool and I think that He’s going to be a very good priesthood holder. He’s also 21 years old, so if we’re lucky he’ll decide to serve a mission. One of the best feelings that a missionary can have is when a convert goes and serves a mission himself. If she does her papers as soon as possible, I have one that’s planning on leaving this summer. The only thing that could be better is having a family get sealed in the temple.

0 comments:

Post a Comment